- Tx: SSRI (Fluoxetine – Prozac), Sertraline
- Venlafaxine (Effexor) 37.5mg PO qd (SNRI)
- Trazodone (SRI) is primarily used for the treatment of depression. It is sometimes prescribed as a sedative (insomnia), and also is used in combination with other drugs for the treatment of panic attacks, aggressive behavior, agoraphobia, and cocaine withdrawal.
- Refer to psych – counseling
- Concerns for weight gain and antidepressants:
- Bupropion (Wellbutrin) [least weight gain] < Fluoxetine (SSRI) < Paroxetine (SSRI) < Mirtazapine (Remeron) [most weight gain]
- Concern for sexual dysfunction: All SSRIs!
- Add Bupropion (non-SSRI) and taper Sertraline (SSRI) -> improved sexual function
- Add PDE5 inhibitor (Viagra = Sildenafil) while continuing the SSRI