Prostatitis, Chronic: (mcc: E. coli like UTI in women)
- “Terminal dysuria:” most painful at completion of urination
- Order the following labs: UA with culture, Gonorrhea and Chlamydia screen.
- If all tests are negative: Start treatment: Levaquin 500mg PO qd for 4 weeks.
- If still symptomatic at F/U:
- Start: Doxycycline Hyclate 100 MG PO bid [given 2 weeks supply]
- Start: Naproxen 500 MG PO bid
- Start: Tamsulosin HCl – 0.4 MG PO qd.
This is a deep-seated infection requiring longer term treatment. May need to add coverage for additional venereal etiology if no improvement is noted at FU.