- Pain in the hands, knees, and hips
- X-ray of joints: Joint space/articular narrowing, osteophytes, subchondral degenerative cysts and sclerosis
- Worse: At the end of the day and with activity
- Improves: With rest
- Mild to moderate pain: Tylenol or NSAIDs
- Voltaren gel (NSAID) used for the relief of joint pain of osteoarthritis in the knees, ankles, feet, elbows, wrists, etc.
- Voltaren 1% transdermal gel: apply sparingly to affected areas bid.
- Intra-articular injections: steroids or lubricating gel
- Other: weight loss, activity modification (decrease long term pressure/weight on joints)