Small Bowel Obstruction:
- Partial small bowel obstruction:
- Abdominal series, flat and upright: mildly dilated small bowel loop with air fluid levels, that may be secondary to partial obstruction, enteritis/colitis, or ileus.
- Admit the patient to Dr.______. Keep the patient NPO. Give IV fluids.
- Begin pain medications with Dilaudid and taper off as symptoms improve. (Dilaudid, as a narcotic, may exacerbate ilieus)
- Morphine 2-4mg IV X 1 dose
- Nausea: NG tube (if vomiting does not stop), Zofran