Primary prevention with Aspirin:
Male (prevents MI): 45-79
- Use this link to calculate risk of MI: http://cvdrisk.nhlbi.nih.gov/calculator.asp
- Risk factors for CHD include age, diabetes, total cholesterol level, HDL level, blood pressure, and smoking.
Female (prevent Stroke): 55-79
- Use this link to calculate risk of stroke:
- Framingham Predictions of Risk of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD) Event and Risk of Stroke in Primary Prevention (UK Version): http://www.zunis.org/Framingham%20Risk%20of%20CHD2.htm
- Stroke risk calculator: http://stroke.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=66
- Stroke risk estimation tool: http://www.westernstroke.org/index.phpheader_name=stroke_tools.gif&main=stroke_tools.php
- Risk factors for ischemic stroke include age, high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking, history of CVD, atrial fibrillation, and left ventricular hypertrophy.